You(th) Be Active is a joint initiative of European youth-sport organisations aiming to combat low physical activity rates and sedentary lifestyle of young European citizens. The project builds on the outcomes and legacy of successful youth-sport initiatives and the European Youth Sport Forum 2017. The third European Week of Sport in September 2017 provides an optimal framework for the implementation of the project.
The main objectives of the You(th) Be Active project:
- Raise awareness on the importance of healthy and active living among young Europeans;
- Develop young people’s skills and competences to become more active, sporty and health-conscious Europeans citizens;
- Incentivise young people to engage in voluntary activities in the field of sport;
- Make young people advocates of healthy and active living in their local communities;
- Introduce the EU sport policy goals, the concepts of European Week of Sport (EWoS) and Health Enhancing Physical Activity (HEPA), thus bringing closer EU sport policy to young people;
- Provide opportunities for young people with fewer opportunities through sport-based non-formal education and foster their inclusion through sport activities.