The European Youth Engaging in Solidarity and Sport (EYESS) intends to encourage social inclusion, tackle discrimination and intolerance through sport by transferring the good practice of Mondiali Antirazzisti in a new partnership between civil society and the academic environment of the following countries: Greece, Hungary, Austria, Italy and Denmark .
In this framework, the project will:
- Enable key organizations to replicate Mondiali Antirazzisti’s model and methodology in their local areas involving academic environments;
- Raise awareness among local institutional stakeholders and local civil society about sport as a tool for social inclusion and the potentialities of the local replications to this purpose
- Foster an increased participation of migrants and local young people in sport activities and to create a constructive dialogue between different social groups
- Train operators, youth workers and similar profiles to a better awareness raising activity and proper skills to use sport as a pedagogical tool to foster social inclusion of “vulnerable” target groups
- Develop a “bridge” between the world of high-level education and non-profit organizations that are dedicated to volunteering and the inclusion of disadvantaged people through the engagement of its members as its institutions
- Promote exchange of good practices and networking between subjects who in various capacities contribute to generate and disseminate a policy of sport and social living that responds to the principles of non- discrimination, social inclusion and individual commitment with respect to the problems and needs of the community.